Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Letter to the Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday Sister!


A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
~Marion C. Garretty


Dear Quincy,

Did you know that I really like you a lot?

I do.

You are a sensational person.

Please do not assume that I feel this way, because you make the most delicious blueberry lime jam in this entire world.

And it isn't because you ran a half marathon and did a triathlon, too.

Or because you can sew fabulous purses, answer any questions I have about grammar, and that you are becoming a coupon expert!

I like you, because you are good.

And because you are brave.

Being in your presence is feeling a little bit of heaven.

Haven't we had fun?

Do you remember when Nikki and I were dancing to crazy 80's songs when Zoe was born to help make you laugh? Whenever I hear, "You Spin Me Round" by Dead or Alive, I think about that wonderfully hard day.

Thank you for always being there for me, too.

I am so grateful that we are sisters.

I hope this birthday brings you love and happiness.

Don't forget to make a wish.

Love,

Your devoted sister.



p.s. I will always remember that you never did laugh at the "Cooter Fest" signs in South Carolina-- even though you may have wanted to just a little bit!

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Dear Jeannie,

This is the nicest letter I have ever received. You are so clever. I love you soooooo much.

Your sister,

Quincy

I do not laugh at cooter jokes. :) :)

Natalie said...

What fun pictures of you and your sister(s). I happen to adore this sister of yours as well. She is good and kind and I am grateful to call her friend!

Meredith said...

I adore your sister Quincy too - happy birthday cute Quincy!