Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Cake Master

Heavenly Candy Bar Cake



Brad dubbed me with a new nickname. In the future, when you see me, please call me "The Cake Master." I would really appreciate it. This is a Southern Living recipe that I made for Cozette's birthday. She enjoyed the candy corn garnish the most.

The is a delicious cake. I attempted to make the heavenly chocolate marshmallow frosting, too. It did not work for me. I accidentally purchased pre-melted unsweetened chocolate. The mixture turned lumpy. When I tried to beat it with my mixer, all of the icing stuck to the beaters like they were magnetized. It looked like there was a huge chocolate icing funnel cloud in the bowl trying to get me. I had to throw it away, and I used my chocolate icing recipe instead.

Click here for the cake recipe and chocolate marshmallow icing recipe.

I hope you noticed that my icing technique is getting better!


2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ymmm, this cake was SOOO yummy! You are indeed a cake master extraordinaire! Can I have an extra piece for being the first person to comment on this post? Pretty please, with a candy corn on top?

Quincy Sorensen said...

Dear Cake Master,

This cake does indeed look delicious. You frosted it beautifully. Mmm mmm

Love,

The Cake Eater