Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Garden Rock




I have looked out of my kitchen window thousands of times. Many of life's dilemmas have been resolved as I have stood there and pondered. My parents recently traveled to the Holy Land to visit all of the places that are sacred to Christians. When Mom and Dad graciously took our requests for treasures to bring home, I shared with them that I had one special favor.

"Will you please bring home to me a rock from the Garden of Gethsemane?"

"I will do my best." Mom promised.

Mom collects rocks from all around the world. I knew she would bring a rock home to me.

I proudly display it on my kitchen window sill.

The past couple of weeks have been trying. It's therapeutic to look out of the window as I clean my kitchen. There have been several times that I have picked up my rock for comfort.

It makes me feel closer to my Savior.

And it's a constant reminder that He is there to help me solve all of life's dilemmas.



2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Your kitchen window looks beautiful. I like to imagine you standing there holding your rock.

Meredith said...

You know, I think I would find a lot of clarity doing dishes if my view was like yours. It is so inspiring - so lush and green. The rock only adds to the view.