Saturday, August 29, 2009

Look Who's Talking...Two

Picking wild flowers can be exhausting.
Cozette decided to lay down and take a little break.
Thank you, Kayleigh, for capturing this moment.


The terrible two's... I never thought I'd experience it again--especially as a 40 year old mama. But, here I am chasing a very active toddler around daily. I must admit that I am loving every minute of it.

Cozette is two years old today.

And she is talking up a storm...


Playing dress up with Kayleigh.
This dress happens to be one that Kayleigh wore when she was about 2 years old.


This is funny
. The other day Cozette was eating chocolate chips. Of course, they melted in her hands. Cozette started to fuss a little bit as she noticed her hands. She does not like her hands to be sticky or dirty.

"Mommy, hands...hands," she wanted my attention.

"Cozette, are you hands sticky? I asked.

"Poo-poo boo-boo... poo-poo boo-boo." She really said this.

It struck me funny. I picked her up, so we could wash her hands at the sink. I need to add that Cozette likes to wash her hands and is constantly asking for the hand sanitizer.


Playing ballerina outside.


"How old are you Cozette?"
I must sound like a stuck record to her.

"Two." She squeals as she holds up three and a half fingers to prove it to me.

"Who is having a birthday soon?" I love to ask her because her answer is adorable.

"I do!" She answers.

"Who is getting ready to have a birthday party?"

"I do!"


Cozette was not wanting to smile. I had to bribe her with a treat.


When Cozette wakes up in the morning, she usually says one of two things.

"Where's Daddy?" or "Eat."

Every night when Brad arrives home from working, Cozette greets him at the door. She asks for him about a hundred thousand times a day. Every night she runs out the front door squealing, "Daddy."

"You home?" She asks him as he scoops her up.

"Yes, I am home."

"Tay." (She is saying OK).

Brad said this is his favorite time of the day!


Learning to count with candy corns is some serous business. If I say "one" she will answer "two." Then I will say "two" and she will respond "four."


Cozette loves going to Mommom's and Papa's house. She also likes to call them on the phone. (She will actually have a conversation, too). Mommom seems to understand everything Cozette says. I like to tease Mommom by telling her that she must have the gift of tongues! Cozette says many words that I do not understand.

Nikki recently was kissing Cozette and said she had a treat for her. Cozette's response was, "Where's Mommom?"


Posing for Kayleigh.

Cozette recently spent the morning with Mommom and Papa. Mom shared the following conversation with me.

Cozette noticed a little giraffe.

"This is cute." Cozette said.

"You're cute." Mommom replied.

"Papa's cute." Cozette said out of no where.


Reading books at the library.

Cozette loves the computer. She usually turns it on for me each day.


"Cozette, it is time to go home." I had to tell her at the library today.

"No home!" She was quick to reply as she shook her head.

"We will stay a few more minutes." I said.

"Tay."

A few minutes passed.

"Let's go home, Cozette."

She looked up at me from her computer and said, "No."

I had to out smart her.

"Cozette, do you want to go to the bank and get a lolly pop?" I plotted.

"Yes. A treat."
She was very excited.

She then got up and said, "Bye-bye," to everyone she saw on the way out.

There aren't any strangers in her life.


Happy Birthday to the little love of our life.

1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

It's our favorite 2-year-old! She is CUTE CUTE CUTE! Those little ballerina legs . . . I've never seen anything more precious! She looks like a pro at the computer; she will be writing blog posts before you know it. :) We sure love her, and we hope she loves her birthday and presents! I can't wait to hear her say "tay." xoxoxoxo