Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crocodile Trail

A view of Crocodile Trail.


My Dad has mastered the art of story telling. As a child, his stories of crawling hands and bloody bones would cause me to lose sleep at night. My sisters and I could never get enough of his frightening tales. He is also the supreme prankster. This combination of story telling and teasing is the formula for a most excellent time.

The cousins had a special outing with Papa on Saturday. After treating them to Blizzards at Dairy Queen, they headed to Tribble Mill Park hoping that they would not have the misfortune of encountering any crocodiles...


Papa almost had them convinced the crocodiles were waiting to eat them up.


Trying to be brave as they started their scary journey.


This damsel does not appear to be in distress.


There aren't any crocodiles, Papa!


Papa said he really thought they might encounter a few crocodiles!

Maybe next time.


However, beware of geese!


Flying through the air with the greatest of ease.


Look! No hands!



Thanks, Papa, for being so much fun.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Your posts are so enjoyable to read. Sounds like a fun time for the cousins. What a great Papa!

Jeannie, I am happy to hear the hopeful report on your eye.

Meredith said...

Your dad is so fun...and I can tell he has a killer camera!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Kayleigh and Everett are so good to Zoe and Kaija . . . I know they would even protect them from crocodiles! Before we know it, Cozy and Susie will be in on the adventures, too. :)

Starr said...

Hi Jeannie. It was such a surprise to find the link (Quincy) between my friends from college & you.

Dawn had mentioned that you & Meredith both keep blogs, but I never got the addresses. Now I have both of them. I hope you don't mind if I lurk for a while. It's fun to see Kayleigh doing things that I remember Rebekah doing. . .the resemblance is so strong.

Thanks for telling me that Rose is precious. It made me smile -- it's definitely a Simpson family term of love.