Monday, September 14, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Everett's #1 fan.


Serious ball playing.


This catcher is my little guy.


He's about to make contact with the ball...


Run Everett...


Making it to first base!



Everett with his new friend Johnathon.
Notice Everett's teammate is scratching Johnathon's back!


Everett had the opportunity on Saturday
to assist with a baseball team that has special needs. I literally had tears come to my eyes as I watched our boys lovingly assist these special children.

Here are Everett's thoughts about the experience:

"When I went to help with the special needs game, I helped a boy named Johnathon. All Johnathon wanted us to do was give him hugs and scratch his back. We all liked Johnathon. We scratched his back and gave him hugs. I think it is very good they get to play baseball.
I hope I get to do this again.
"


2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

Okay, so Cozette is the CUTEST girl ever! And, Everett, I can't believe how good these shots are. Dad must have taken them. I know this was a special game for both teams.

Meredith said...

Oh, I love this. (And I love your new giant blog pictures - awesome work!) Mr. Baseball is my favorite baseball player, promise. I have to tell you - Caroline too had a touching experience with a boy with special needs also named Jonathan. I love seeing their tender spirits as they serve other children who want nothing more than their love and attention. Way to go Everett!