Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On the Town

Historic Downtown Lawrenceville


Finding treasures at antique shops is thrilling. We live about 10 minutes from the historic district of downtown Lawrenceville. Scotland Yard Antiques has been a favorite shop of mine for years. Nikki purchased some lovely ceramic pieces, and I found an antique four poster bed for Cozette's room. It was a very lucky find.

We also enjoyed eating at The Lunch Box.

A highlight of the afternoon happened when we were purchasing Yum Yum's Bliss Cupcakes at Timeless Treasures. A photographer walked in to take pictures for the Lawrenceville website. She offered to take our picture since we looked like happy customers. She said for us to look for the photo in the next couple of weeks.

Nikki and I agreed we love having serendipitous moments.

Did I mentions that it's Nikki's birthday today?

It is.












p.s. Quincy could not be with us today because she has to live so far away!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun day! And I love seeing a picture of you and Nikki. Nikki looks awesome. Hope she had a great birthday. I know Q would have loved to be with you.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Are my sisters really so GORGEOUS?

(I always thought so.)

Meredith said...

What a perfectly beautiful day. I am glad you had such a great day on the town, enjoying yummy cupcakes, and shopping!! How fun - your family is the best.