Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amen

For the record, please notice how sticky Cozette is.
She also decided to put her pacifier in the yogurt.


Eating lunch together is a special time of day for little Cozette and me. I make every effort to sit at the table and eat with her. We always begin our lunch with a prayer. I love teaching my children how to pray. Cozette and I go through the steps daily.

"Cozette, let's fold our arms," I begin.

She has not done this yet.

We then offer our prayer.

Then we close it, "In the name of Jesus Christ."

Yesterday, after I said Amen, she repeated me.

"A-yih."

I was very surprised.

"Oh! Cozette, you said Amen, you are such a big girl." I praised her. "Will you say Amen again?"

"A-yih."

Today Cozette said Amen again. This time she said it louder and then laughed at herself. I know she was pleased that she repeated me. Yesterday was a little milestone for Cozette and a special reminder to me of how important it is to teach the gospel to my children.

Amen!

All of this picture taking is making me tired!

5 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am having a heart attack that Cozette is saying Amen! Hallelujah . . . what a cutie! She's a righteous little girl alright. Maybe she can say our Thanksgiving prayer? :)

Mary-Faith said...

Aw! That is so sweet!

Nikki said...

This is too much! She can say Nikki and Amen...the two most important words. Hee! Hee!

Meredith said...

So sweet! She is getting so big - she was a baby the last time I saw her and she is bordering on toddler-dom. I think I heard recently a GA say that we should never correct out children as they offer their sincere prayers. (Maybe general conference, I can't remember.) It is funny - Caroline can be such a pill and then offer the most innocent and sweet prayer.

The Kipper Family said...

Blaine has just started saying amen as we end our prayers as well. It is the cutest thing ever. We missed you at our playdate today.