Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Right To Vote

"Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women!
There is so much yet to be done."

Susan B. Anthony



Today I voted.

I am thankful for the right to vote.

Brad and I had planned to spend at least three hours in line. I carefully planned my morning so I could leave Cozette sleeping. Kayleigh and Everett watched her while I was away. Brad went about 30 minutes before I did and held my place in line. I am amazed that I was only gone for about 55 minutes. I returned home with Cozette still sleeping.

Kayleigh and Everett had mock elections at their schools yesterday. Sadly, Obama won both elections.

I guess we will all be on pins and needles for the rest of the day.


Thank you Susan B. Anthony.

3 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love your post (much better than mine). I guess we are still on the same wavelength. :)

jeannie said...

Well, I VOTE FOR SUSIE Q!

Yep, Sisters do think alike.

I love YOUR Post. I will call you after writing this so I can share some opinions with you...

Meredith said...

Lindsay's class elected John McCain. I was to the polls and back in 20 minutes. Quite lucky!