Thursday, November 6, 2008

Declaration of Independence

A very independent little girl.


The days and weeks following Cozette's birth are somewhat of a blur. Newborns, as precious as they are, are overwhelming. It is easy to wish these days away in hopes of getting more sleep. I remember entertaining these thoughts once and then feeling a sharp impression.

These days are fleeting. Do not wish them away.

I changed my attitude very quickly.

The irony is this has made time even more fleeting. It is now 14 months later and I wonder where the time has gone to? Cozette is no longer a little baby.

She is one independent little toddler!

She will only eat her food if I allow her to touch it and get her hands sticky. She likes to drop her food on the floor. I really do try not to laugh. When Brad is home, she wants nothing to do with me. She tries to run away when it's time to dress her. She makes a million messes a day. Her favorite activity is destroying Kayleigh's and Everett's rooms. Everett even had tears the other day when he forgot to close his bedroom door and found his Risk game opened and all 500 pieces of it scattered on his floor. She refuses to sit through Sacrament meeting. She LOVES the cell phone and puts it to her ear like she is talking on it.

She did say, "cracker" yesterday at play group. "Ahh-er." Two of my friends also heard her and it was a delightful moment for me. She is saying, "ma-ma" more and more too. She loves to stomp her feet and clap her hands to the beat of the music.


I know you are getting big, but I have to draw the line.
"No lipstick until you are at least 14!
"


I pray that she won't grow up any time soon!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

She is so dang cute! Wish we could have play dates! Oh, the time goes so fast. Steve and I have talked about how we hardly remember anything from Caroline's first year. the first few months, like you said, can be a blur. Then just as we settled into our groove my mom got sick and that was all consuming. We are really getting to cherish Kate's first year because her sister's are so much older and require less attention (as in constant toddler attention) from us. It is thought provoking to reflect on their stages of life.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, Sister, this is a fun post. I love the pictures of Cozette. I could take a big bite out of her right now. I love everything you write, and I find myself grateful for every single day and moment with Susie. They do go so quickly.

Mary-Faith said...

Awww! She looks so cute!