Friday, November 28, 2008

The Chosen One



It appears that Grandpa Bill has a new girlfriend. I teased Shirley earlier today and told her that for the first time in 50 years of marriage, she may have some real competition. Shirley laughed and doesn't seem to mind at all.

Cozette has decided that Grandpa Bill is the chosen one!


I sincerely prayed that Cozette would be gracious to all of the family. I never can tell who she will let hold her. The last time we were with Bill and Shirley was on Cozette's birthday in August, so it has been a few months since we last saw them. I didn't want Cozette to be shy.


Cozette greeted Bill and Shirley like they were old friends!


It is the Simpson family tradition for Bill to prepare the Thanksgiving dinner. When we arrived, I took Cozette to the kitchen to see Grandpa Bill. He was very busy sauteing the celery and onions for the dressing. It only took a few minutes for Cozette to decide that she wanted Bill to hold her. In fact, she was a little disruptive to the schedule and Shirley had to take over. We would put Cozette down and then she go back to Bill, put her arms up in the air and say, "Uh."


Translation: "Please pick me up, Grandpa!"


Bill was perfectly happy to oblige her.


And for the past day, Cozette has been partial to Grandpa Bill. It pleases all of us to see her want to go to her Grandpa. Shirley's face beams with joy as she watches Bill hold Cozette. Brad and I especially love it because it gives us a tiny break.


I know that being the chosen one can really make you tired.


I am hoping that Bill will not figure that out anytime soon!

2 comments:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This post makes me happy. I love that Cozette, as little as she is, has opinions and likes. The picture of her with Bill is precious. They don't come much nicer than Grandpa Bill!

Meredith said...

She is so sweet and looks great with her Grandpa! I know the nervous feeling of wondering who the baby will "offend" by not letting them hold her! I know the babes mean no hard feelings - they are just so funny sometimes. Kate has turned the corner into realizing she would rather have mommy. Can't wait to see you all!