Sunday, November 9, 2008

STRIKE!

Kayleigh bug's personal bowling style is to throw the ball on the bowling lane.
Mr. Baseball appears to have bowled a gutter ball.


We always look forward to Everett's baseball party and trophy ceremony. This year we celebrated by going bowling. It was a wonderful time for everyone involved. Everett bowled two strikes and Kayleigh bowled two spares. It was a pleasant surprise when I bowled a spare. Brad is excellent at bowling, but was busy watching Cozette at the time.

This is so sad, but I must tell what happened next.

Brad had not planned to bowl. He had a very busy Saturday working. He had enough time to stay about an hour. Kayleigh tired of bowling, so Brad and I finished the game for her. Brad did not have bowling shoes on. He asked the attendant if he could bowl wearing his tennis shoes. She hesitated, then said he could.

Brad got the bowling ball, assumed his bowling position, and Kayleigh, Everett, and I watched with anticipation.

We were not prepared for what happened next.

Brad released the bowling ball. Then it looked like he lost his footing. I watched with fright as Brad's legs literally went out from under him flying up in the air as he crashed onto his bottom.

I screamed, Everett's face went white, and Kayleigh gasped.

What is amazing is that Brad got up like nothing had happened and had a big smile on his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern.

"I'm fine, I guess I lost my footing." Brad assured me. He then took Cozette.

After a few minutes had passed, Everett still seemed upset. "Mommy, that hurt my heart when Daddy fell."

That little boy loves his Daddy!

We were able to laugh about it later that night because Brad didn't get hurt.



The trophy ceremony is so much fun. The coach talks about each boy and their accomplishments for the season. Every boy has an opportunity to shine.

"This boy has ONE HOT BAT. He is willing to play any position I assign him, and he does so with a wonderful attitude. I can always count on him to do his best," Everett's coach started to say. Immediately all of the boys started pointing at Everett. His coach continued, " He is an excellent ball player and a great example to his teammates."

I was beaming and trying my hardest not to feel prideful!

Now that baseball season is over, I am looking forward to basketball season.

I can't wait to interview Mr. Basketball!


Goodness gracious.
Cozette has learned how to climb up onto the chair.
Oh, mercy!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Woo! Hoo! I'm the first to post a comment...finally! I'm so sad that baseball season is over. I love, love, love going to Everett's games. He's such a good ball player. I adore that picture of Cozetti at the kitchen table. She's look like such a big girl!

Meredith said...

I was so afraid as I kept reading that you were going to say something about a bruised or busted tail bone. Glad he is OK!! Wish we could see him play. Can't wait to hear from Mr. Baseball!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I can't wait to personally see Cozette's tricks! This weekend! I didn't know Everett was going to play basketball. No doubt he will do so well like he did in baseball. Brad is a tough guy. I don't think he would let anybody know even if he did get hurt. FYI: I am terrible bowler.