Thursday, November 20, 2008

Warning: CAT-5

Please...Don't let this angelic face fool you!


Maybe it's because I am getting older, or maybe it's because Cozette really is a force of nature, but I must admit that she makes me tired.

"Cozette sure has a lot of power," are Brad's exact words.

Hurricane Cozette fiercely blows through our home everyday. There is no end to her curious destruction.

She loves to get on top of the kitchen table. I have to take her off of it about 30 times a day. She likes to get really quiet when she is in the living room. She has figured out how to open the buffet and pulls everything out. She loves the computer, and I fear she is going to break it. She has figured out how to climb onto the chair and bang the keyboard.

I think she is trying to blog.

She pulls drawers out and throws our clothes over her shoulders. She's famous for unfolding the clean clothes. She climbs on top of the dish washer. She takes the clean silverware and runs with it. She takes the batteries out of the remote control and tries to eat them. And last but not least, she likes to unroll the toilet paper.

There is always that one time that I forget to close the bathroom door.

We did learn very quickly and have been vigilant about not forgetting to keep the toilet lids down.

Did I mention that she likes to play with the toilet bowl water?

Kayleigh and Everett recently asked if they were this powerful when they were little. I tried to remember and came to the conclusion that Kayleigh was about a CAT-3 and Everett was a strong CAT-4.

I think that secretly pleased him.

Our little Cozette keeps us hopping. She recently withstood a severe fall. I found her at the bottom of the stairs on the hard wood. I scooped her up and took the pacifier out of her mouth to check if she was bleeding. Her mouth was fine, but then I noticed drops of blood coming down her face and it was in her eyes. We both had blood all down the front of us. She had gashed the top of her head. We are very thankful that she is just fine and she did not have to have stitches.

That one really unnerved me.

I recently heard on the news that Hurricane season is over.

I sighed.

I think at my house it is just beginning.

Could we love this baby any more?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Some kiddos are just destruct-o-matics! Mine so far have not been that much - I know I am lucky. I think Kate will start trying to blog too. It is amazing how much one can blog while nursing. She will probably take over! I am glad she wasn't too damaged in the fall. Sometimes I think a good fall teaches lessons though. They learn how to do stairs instead of being gated all the time.

Quincy Sorensen said...

This was SO FUNNY. I love the last line! And that part about Cozette blogging, too. :) I am so glad that the fall was not more serious. Looks like it's time to spread out those kitchen chairs. :)

Mary-Faith said...

Aw! How sweet!!!
=)

Good thing she wasn't hurt really bad!

Nikki said...

I LOVE the top picture of Cozetti in the bathtub!!! Too cute!

Laura said...

Hey Jeannie! Found your blog through Quincy and I had to come check out cute Cozette. She and Lilly are close in age (she was born 6/21). Lilly is definitely a Category 5 also! (And I think all of my children have been Category 5's by the way.) Heaven help us!