Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who Is It?

I'm a big bad robber and I'm gonna get YOU!

Brad told me to blog this.

Around noon today, Brad called to check in with me. I had just put Cozette down for her nap and came downstairs to finish a craft project when the phone rang. This is how our conversation went:

Brad: Hey love, how's it going?

Me: Good. I just put Cozette down for her nap. How are you?

We continue to talk for a few minutes when all of a sudden the door knob started to turn!

Me: Um, Brad I think the door knob is turning. Are you home? ( I asked because sometimes he will come home for a quick break if he is on this side of town. I thought he may be surprising me.)

Brad: What? No, I'm in my car.

Me: Brad, someone is turning the door knob!

Brad: Are you sure?

I then walk towards the front window to look out. I see no one.

The door knob is still turning back and forth like someone is trying to get in. I am distressed now.

Me: Brad, someone is trying to get in!

I then walk towards the front door to look out the peep hole, I couldn't see anybody but the door knob is still being turned and then there was a loud knock.

Brad: Jeannie, is everything OK?

Me: No! Oh my Lands... Who is it? WHO IS IT? I was very alarmed.

It's me, Everett.

I then open the door.

Me: Oh my lands, Brad. I TOTALLY forgot. Today is early release.

Brad: Jeannie!! He said this with relief and like I was a crazy woman.

Everett: Mom, are you OK?

Me: No, I thought you were a robber trying to get in.

Everett starts to laugh really hard and looks at me like I'm nuts. All of the commotion wakes Cozette up.

Brad: Bye-bye Jeannie.

Me: Brad, I really was scared. I have to go get Cozette. Sorry, I scared you.

Brad: I could tell you were scared.

Then we both start to laugh really hard.

Me and Brad at the same time: Bye-bye.

The End.

I must be losing it.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

The scariest part to me? That you had come downstairs to finish a craft project!!! LOL!!!

No really, that would spook me too. I can just hear Brad on the other end of that phone call and hear you all frantic. He was right. Blog the crazy/funny/memorable stories. We always forget them. I should do it more often.

Nikki said...

Ha! Ha! I was thinking the same thing as Meredith. The best part about the blog is that you were going to finish a craft project. Seriously, what has gotten into you?! Hee! Hee!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Well, I thank you for finishing that craft project because I have a LUCKY feeling that someone in my family might be the recipient. :) ???

I wouldn't mind a big, bad robber . . . as long as he were Everett. :)