Sunday, November 16, 2008

Keeping the Old

Carrie, Jeannie, and Jori.
Looking good after all these years !


Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other is gold.
A circle is round, it has no end.
That's how long I will be your friend.


There's an inextricable bond that ties childhood friends together. No matter how many years pass, you seem to pick-up right where you left off. It is a bond that even time cannot touch.

I am blessed to have such friends.

Jori and Carrie came to see me on Friday. The last time the three of us were together was four years ago when Jori was married in the Atlanta temple. Jori lives about 30 minutes from me, but Carrie lives in Chicago. It was wonderful for us to see Carrie again. Our afternoon was spent catching-up and reminiscing on the good old days. Some of my happiest and funniest memories happened when we were together. It was great to see these two ladies that I love so dearly.

Our reunion was far too short.


3 comments:

Mary-Faith said...

It looks like you had fun catching up!

Meredith said...

Oh, that is wonderful! I have heard you talk about these ladies throughout the years I have known you. What a fun visit. You are all so cute!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Jeannie, I love this "Keeping the Old" post. The pictures of you, Jori, and Carrie are beautiful. It does seem that the friends who have known you longest are the most dear. These are especially dear friends. I'll never forget writing the newspaper article about Carrie when I was in high school. And it always fun to see and catch up with Jori. You guys really are LOOKIN' GOOD!