Monday, November 17, 2008

Gift Exchange

To a certain baby sister and a certain sister-in-law,
who said it was SCARY that I was making a craft,
Please try not to cry since you will not be getting one!
(Unless you humbly repent!)


Since I am the coolest aunt in the world, I decided to make Zoe and Kaija a cute craft as part of their Christmas presents. Our family celebrated Thanksgiving early, and the cousins exchanged gifts over the weekend, because we will not see each other again before Christmas. I have quite a bit of scrapbook paper left over from Kayleigh's birthday party and decided to put it to good use. My friend gave me a great idea.

I actually made them journals.

My entire family was very impressed with my craftiness.

The children had a wonderful time exchanging presents. Kayleigh received her first bottle of perfume; Hailey by Aeropostale. Kayleigh loves that store. We were actually in there the other day smelling the lovely perfume. I will try not to sneak using it! Everett received a Rubik's Cube. (so, Kirk went and bought one for himself too!) I have not decided who enjoyed trying to solve it more: Everett or Kirk?

Kirk, naturally being inquisitive, researched how to solve it. He solved the Rubik's cube about 11 times over the weekend. He and Everett spent hours trying to solve it. I guess if Kirk is going to solve the energy crisis, the least he can do is solve a little Rubik's cube!

How can I forget little Cozy and baby Susie? Cozette received some fantastic new books and Susie received two very cute headbands.

Who knows?

I just might make some more crafts very soon!



Look at how Zoe and Kaija love their journals!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeannie, those were super-cute journals--Zoe and Kaija are both really enjoying them.

Stay tuned for an upcoming post describing how we made turkey stew!

Meredith said...

Was that me? Did I really say it was SCARY? I am so thrilled that you did that!!! They are darling. My girls love journals and are always toting a notebook around to write and doodle in. How sweet.

You may be converted after all. Today is Tuesday...Molly and I are finishing up one of last week's projects!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Sister, the girls LOVE their journals! They really look fantastic, and you get high marks in the giving-the-perfect-gift category. I am not surprised you are good at crafts . . . I bet you have LOTS of undiscovered talents (plus plenty that we already know about).

Rachel said...

They turned out so cute! Way to go Jeannie!